Friday, August 19, 2005

Mustard

Taking Jackson to school today we stopped at an intersection for a red light which was 1/2 a block from a McDonald's. Not surprising, Jackson immediately told me that he wanted to go to McDonald's.

Being a father who harbors no love of the fast food giant on any level I have come to loathe my son's familiarity with the place. In this vein, I turned to him and calmly asked why would we want to go to McDonald's when we have the fruit roll up and Cheerios we had brought with us to eat for breakfast.

My son was quite for just a moment. Then he turned his head to the side and watching me out of the corner of his eye said, "We need to get some Mustard." As I froze in surprise to this response he sat there shaking his head up and down giving me this look which implied You obviously didn't think of that one Dad so we better go.

No...No I didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home